Performing Arts Center Policy
EAST CLEVELAND PUBLIC LIBRARY - THE GREG L. REESE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER POLICY
The performing arts center of the East Cleveland Public Library may be used free of charge for programs
affiliated with the East Cleveland Public Library. Usage outside of the affiliation of the East Cleveland
Public Library will result in a performance agreement contract between Party A (the performer) and
Party B (ECPL representative). Use of the facility is subject to the approval of library officials.
Conditions of Use:
- Capacity of the performing arts center is regulated by fire code and must not exceed regulations.
- A maximum of six (6) consecutive performances may be scheduled by any one group at any one time.
- Performance must be booked at least fourteen (14) days in advance.
- Performance arts center can only be booked for groups of 50 or more.
- Children under the age of sixteen (17) must be accompanied by an adult.
- No collections for admission or fees may be collected on the premises.
- Performances which extend beyond normal hours require prearrangement, including payment of fees. No event is to continue after 9:00 p.m.
- Fees are not refundable unless the library is notified of a cancellation at least forty‐eight (48) hours before the performance.
- All marketing and promotional materials should clearly state that ECPL is merely the establishment and assumes no responsibility for the program(s) and its content.
- All marketing materials and promotional materials concerning rental must be submitted to library officials prior to disbursement.
- No food or beverage may be served or consumed in the performing arts center.
- Security deposit must be made to cover damages and/or clean‐up after any function.
NO ALCHOLIC BEVERAGES AND NO SMOKING ARE PERMITTED ON LIBRARY PROPERTY. THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PARTIES.
Responsibilities of Sponsoring Group:
- Group representative must contact main library and complete the performance agreement, including the signature of an adult representative or sponsor.
- If library audio, projecting equipment, piano tuning, lighting, recording, security, volunteers, and marketing requiring staff assistance is desired, special prior arrangements must be made ten (10) days in advance of the performance with the appropriate administrator. A fee will be charged.
- The performing arts center must be left neat and clean or future privileges will be denied.
- Loss or damage to library property must be paid for by the group. The library assumes no liability for loss or damage to property not belonging to the library.
- Group must pay 50% of the total cost prior to the date of event; balance due day of event.
- Notify the library of cancellation at least forty‐eight (48) hours in advance of performance time.