You have an assignment, but what do you do now? This is a great place to start. Our Children Librarian have selected some databases, books and trusted websites to help you. If you're stills tuck, ask a librarian or log on to KnowItNow for help.
Gale Virtual Reference Library - This resource collects more than 115 volumes from such critically lauded For Students titles as Drama for Students, Novels for Students, Poetry for Students and Short Stories for Students. Volumes in each series explore the most often studied works of literature in detail, providing author information; plot summaries; discussions of principal themes, plot, characters, setting, etc.; age-appropriate historical and cultural commentary; and full text criticism.
(The Gale Group) -- Access to biographies, bibliographies and critical analysis of authors from every age and literary dicipline. Covers more than 90,000 novelists, poets, essayists, journalists and other writers. Coverage of 2,000 of the most studied authors. Searchable by author name, title, genre, literary movement or literary theme. Combines Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select, Dictionary of Literary Biography, and more.
- Accelerated Reader
- Find accelerated reader titles, point levels and more! Cleveland Metropolitan School District provides tests for all books in this database. All others, check with your school for availability.
- Between the Lions
- Stories to listen to and games to play to help improve your reading skills.
- Funbrain Word Games
- Learning made fun with games to test your vocabulary, grammar and more.
- Kids in the Stacks
- Reading and writing games from Scholastic!
- Kids' Place Spelling and Vocabulary Games
- Spelling and vocabulary made fun!
- Star Fall
- Interactive games to help you learn the ABC's, phonics, and reading.
- Wacky Web Tales
- Create wacky stories to amuse your family and friends by using nouns, adjectives, and verbs to fill in a simple form. A Parts of Speech primer is available.