Welcome to the East Cleveland Public Library
Proud to Serve - 100 Years of Service!
The East Cleveland Public Library first opened to the public on May 29, 1916 as an original Carnegie designed building, East Cleveland Public Library benefited from the generosity of philanthropist Andrew Carnegie with a $35,000 grant that was applied to the cost of the new building.
In 2005, the East Cleveland Public Library was renovated and expanded to include the Debra Ann November Learning Center and the Greg L. Reese Performing Arts Center. Today, the East Cleveland Public Library is a single facility library system that continues to serve the residents and patrons of East Cleveland.
Opinion on Regulatory Basis of Accounting
The cash balances, receipts and disbursements by fund type, and related notes of the East Cleveland Public Library, Cuyahoga County, Ohio as of December 31, 2017 and 2016, for the years ended in accordance with the financial reporting provisions Ohio Revised Code Section 117.38 and Ohio Administrative Code Section 117-2-03(D) permit, described in Note 2.